gFTP is a free multi-threaded ftp client for *NIX based machines running X11R6 or later. It has the following features:
gFTP-2.0.14: description + notes
- Supports the FTP, HTTP and SSH/SSH2 protocols
- Supports fxp file transfers (transfering files between 2 remote servers via ftp)
- Multi-threaded to allow for simultaneous downloads
- File transfer queues to allow downloading of multiple files
- Supports downloading entire directories and subdirectories
- Bookmarks menu to allow you to quickly connect to remote sites
- Supports resuming interrupted file transfers
- Supports caching of remote directory listings
- Drag-N-Drop support
- FTP and HTTP proxy server support
- Allows for passive and non-passive file transfers
- Supports UNIX, EPLF, Novell, MacOS, and NT (DOS) style directory listings
- Full graphical configuration
- Fully Internationalized.
The gFTP Official Homepage has screen shots, a FAQ, a Users Guide, and other on-line documentation.
Special thanks to Andrea Suatoni (email@example.com) for helping port this package to IRIX.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.