This package contains a variety of GNOME utility programs, specifically:
gnome-utils-22.214.171.124: description + notes
- gcalc, a simple double precision calculator similar to xcalc
- gcharmap, a tool for generating any ASCII character.
- gcolorsel, a small utility to browser available X11 colors
- gdialog, which lets you display dialog boxes from shell scripts
- gdict, a tool for querying RFC2229 dictionary servers.
- gdiskfree, which shows the amount of free disk space using dials
- gnome-exe-handler, a mime-type hander
- gfontsel, an X11 font selection tool
- gless, a graphical file browser/pager
- gnome-run, a graphical shell for running commands
- grun, a simpler graphical shell for running commands
- gsearchtool, a frontend to find/grep/locate
- gshutdown, a graphical frontend to shutdown
- guname, a graphical monitor for system, disk, and memory information
- logview, a system log monitor (formerly in the fw_gnome-admin package)
- meat-grinder, a graphical front-end for tar
- splash and splac, which display xpm images as spash screens
- stripchart, which charts system performance parameters
Note: if you get an error message like "
tar: z: unknown or illegal option" either make sure
/usr/freeware/bin/tarappears on your
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.