J-Pilot is a desktop organizer application for the palm pilot that runs under Linux, and Unix. It is similar in functionality to the one that 3com distributes for a well known rampant legacy operating system. The J-Pilot Home Page has on-line documentation and screen shots.
jpilot-0.99: description + notes
- Supports Datebook, Address, To Do List, and Memo Pad
- Small and fast, designed to take up little screen space
- 2 way Syncing
- Palm Pilot preferences are used so that things appear in the same way as they do on the palm pilot. i.e. Sorting order of addresses, todos, memos, etc.
- Does a Full Backup, or just a Sync of supported apps
- Global Search (Find)
- Installation of files to the palm pilot
- Limited support for Japanese Kanji characters SJIS -> EUC -> SJIS
- Support for color scheme files
- Quick find in address application
- Datebook support for repeating events and exceptions to those events
- Datebook support for modification of a single occurrence of a reoccurring event
- Datebook support for "By Day" reoccurring events even when its on the last day of the month, and not the 4th. i.e. Try adding a monthly repeating appointment "By Day" on the 4th week of a month when there is no 5th occurrence of that day in the month
You should use a serial port with hardware flow control (for example
/dev/ttyf2) for your
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.