libwmf-0.2.8: description + notes
libwmfis a library for reading vector images in Microsoft's native Windows Metafile Format (
WMF) and for either displaying them in, e.g., an X window or converting them to more standard/open file formats such as, e.g., the W3C's XML-based Scaleable Vector Graphic (SVG) format. Currently bindings exist for conversion to:
- the following vector image formats:
- (Encapsulated) PostScript (
- Facility for Interactive Generation of graphics (
- Scaleable Vector Graphic (
- (Image)Magick Vector Graphic (
- the following raster image formats:
- Portable Network Graphics (
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (
libwmfis officially alpha quality code, and is likely to stay that way, but is already usable and the Application Programming Interface (
API) is approaching stability.
The libwmf home page has more information.
Developers intending to use this distribution for application development should be sure to read the information in FAQ 3.8.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.