xcdroast-0.98alpha14: description + notes
X-CD-Roast is a user friendly CD-burning software which allows even the unexperienced user to create or copy a CD with a few mouse clicks in a intuitive and nice looking graphical user interface.
Features included in this version:
- Multi langual - translations available in 28 languages
- Graphical setup
- Graphical wav-player
- Fully themeable via GTK-Themes
- Tooltip help
- Copies Data, Audio, Mixed-Modes
- Creates Data, Audio, Mixed-Mode, Multisession
- Bootable CD support
- CDDB-support via HTTP/Proxy or native
- Copy/Master Data and Audio-CDs on the fly
- Administration mode for usage in computer pools
- Data-DVD writing (DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW) - experimental DVD-Video support
- Networked device support (Remote-SCSI)
Features not yet included, but planned for the final version:
- MP3/OGG encoding/decoding
- ISO-file browser
- mkisofs HFS support
Note that you are required to install the cdrtools freeware package (version 2.0 or newer) in order to use X-CD-Roast.
Before activating the non-root mode, or trying to burn a DVD, be sure to read the documentation installed in
For additional information please refer to the X-CD-Roast web site.
Special thanks to Andrea Suatoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) for helping port this package to IRIX.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.