FileRunner (fr) is a simple and efficient X11 file manager for Unix. It has built-in FTP support and is very configurable. It was created ease the burden of typing "
FileRunner-2.5: description + notes
rm" and "
cp" many times in a day just to get your work done. The interface has been made as efficient as possible to be able to compete with the speed of command line usage. FileRunner is implemented in Tcl/Tk and a little C.
List of nice features:
- Simple and powerful interface.
- History and Hotlist (bookmarks).
- Recursive directory menu of entire file system tree.
- Browse FTP directories as easy as normal directories.
- FTP capabilities:
- Copy: FTP files/directories upload/download (recursive).
- FTP Delete (recursive), FTP Makedir, FTP Rename.
- Supports FTP through proxy.
- FTP resume download function.
- Rule based configuration of FTP site logins (password/user/proxy).
- Asynchronous file transfer.
- Cached directory listings.
- Asynchronous file operations.
- Built-in command shell windows. Synchronized with file panels. These have history, aliases and file name completion.
- Extendable by adding your own command buttons.
- Very configurable.
- User defined file pattern / actions. (*.jpg -> launch image viewer etc.)
- Distributed as Open Source under the GNU General Public License.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.