gcombust is a GUI for mkisofs/mkhybrid/cdda2wav/cdrecord/cdlabelgen. It's written in C and it uses the GTK+ widget set. gcombust is a work in progress. The current release is a development release. If you decide to try it, you should be prepared that you might find bugs, and the author would welcome feedback, bug reports, suggestions and fixes. The gcombust homepage has more information.
gcombust-0.1.54: description + notes
gcombust requires/recommends (the version numbers noted are the ones I use, others might work, too, but don't count on it):
- Burning data on the fly from hard drive, without making an image
- CD-to-CD data copy on the fly
- Tooltips to keep you from reading man pages
- Make creation of ISO-images easy (support for making your own directory hierarchy on the image without the need for copying files/making symlinks)
(currently you can only add dirs/files of your choice to the root level only and not move them around)
- Maximize disk by hinting which directories/files to use (binpacking/knapsack), reads CD size from disk
- Audio CD creation
- wav to audio CD
- audio CD to wav
- audio CD direct copy
- Print CD-covers with cdlabelgen (let's you edit label-information taken from image, audio tracks or a directory)
- Multisession support
- Bootable CD support
- Save/Load path selections (for always taking a backup of the same collection of files, etc)
- NLS support
- DnD support
Special thanks to Andrea Suatoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) for helping port this package to IRIX.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.