gifsicle manipulates GIF image files on the command line. It supports, among other things:
gifsicle-1.37: description + notes
- merging several GIFs into a GIF animation
- exploding an animation into its component frames
- changing individual frames in an animation
- turning interlacing on and off
- adding transparency
- adding delays, disposals, and looping to animations
- adding or removing comments
- optimizing animations for space
- changing images' colormaps
fw_gifsiclepackage contains two other programs:
The Gifsicle home page has more information.
- gifview, a lightweight GIF viewer for X that can show animations as slideshows or in real time
- gifdiff, which compares two GIFs for identical visual appearance
Special thanks to Andrea Suatoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) for helping port this package to IRIX.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.