GNet is a simple network library. It is written in C, object-oriented, and built upon GLib. It is intended to be easy to use and port. GNet comes with documentation and examples.
gnet-1.1.9: description + notes
- TCP "client" and "server" sockets
- UDP and IP Multicast sockets
- High-level TCP connection and server objects
- Asynchronous socket IO
- Internet address abstraction
- Asynchronous DNS lookup
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Byte packing and unpacking
- URI parsing
- SHA and MD5 hashes
- Base64 encoding and decoding
- SOCKS support
The GNet home page has more information, including on-line documentation.
Developers intending to use this distribution for application development should be sure to read the information in FAQ 3.8.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.