The following information tends to be a bit outdated, but it gives a rough overview over what the program can do or will do soon.
mahogany-0.64: description + notes
- Full support for SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NNTP and several different mail folder file formats (including MBOX, MBX and MH).
- Support for multiple mail folders and servers, possibility to check many incoming mail folders.
- Full MIME support, MIME editing in composition window, support for external viewers. Support for inline display of graphics in mail viewer, no external viewer needed. Support for clickable URLs. Nicely formatted printing of messages.
- Sorting and threading of messages including support for server-side sorting and threading for IMAP servers
- Optional HTML viewing.
- Support for fax receiving via EFax.com.
- Support for X-Faces and user-defined message headers.
- Embedded python interpreter for powerful scripting with full object-oriented access to Mahogany's internal structures and classes.
- Powerful complete address and contact management database, including optional auto-collection of addresses from emails.
- Extensive configurability, optionally different configurations for different mail folders.
- Full internationalisation support, Mahogany can speak your language.
- User-friendly GUI, Unix version based on GTK.
- Full support for emacs BBDB email address databases.
- Tree-based hierarchical folder management in main window.
- Context sensitive, HTML based help system.
- Secure communications for all protocols over SSL.
- Easy to use and powerful filtering options.
- PalmOS handheld mail sending and synchronisation.
- Message templates for fully configurable replies and easy message editing.
- Extensive search options (by author, subject, full text, etc).
- Support for Fax mailers.
- Dialup network management.
Note: You may recieve a "cannot convert to/from charset" error message when the splash screen is displayed. This is a known error.
The Mahogany home page has more information.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.