The GNU plotting utilities currently consist of seven user-level programs: graph, plot, plotfont, tek2plot, spline, ode, and double. These utilities do not replace gnuplot, but rather supplement it.
plotutils-2.4.1: description + notes
- graph is a program for plotting two-dimensional scientific data.
- The plot program is a so-called plot filter. It can translate GNU graphics metafiles (produced for example by raw graph) into the supported output formats.
- The tek2plot program can translate from Tektronix format to any of the above mentioned output formats.
- The plotfont program is a simple utility that displays a character map for any font that is available to graph, plot, or tek2plot.
- Among the other GNU plotting utilities, spline does spline interpolation of scalar or vector-valued data.
- ode provides the ability to integrate an ordinary differential equation or a system of ordinary differential equations, when provided with an explicit expression for each equation.
- The final plotting utility, double, is a filter for converting, scaling and cutting binary or ASCII data streams. It is still under development and is not yet documented.
Distributed along with the plotting utilities is GNU libplot, the function library for device independent two-dimensional vector graphics on which graph, plot, and tek2plot are based. libplot output formats include X11, PNG, PNM (i.e. PBM/PGM/PPM), pseudo-GIF, SVG, Adobe Illustrator, Postscript and Encapsulated Postscript, CGM (by default, binary version-3 CGM output that complies with the WebCGM profile for Web-based vector graphics), Fig (editable with the xfig drawing editor), PCL 5, HP-GL and HP-GL/2, Regis, Tektronix, and GNU metafile format. GNU metafile format may be translated into any of the other formats with the plot utility.
xset fp+ /usr/freeware/share/fonts/libplot" to access the standard Postscript, Tektronix, and HPGL PCL 5 compatibility fonts.
The plotutils home page has more information.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.