t1utils is a collection of simple type-1 font manipulation programs. Together, they allow you to convert between PFA (ASCII) and PFB (binary) formats, disassemble PFA or PFB files into human-readable form, reassemble them into PFA or PFB format. Additionally you can extract font resources from a Macintosh font file (ATM/Laserwriter), or create a Macintosh Type 1 font file from a PFA or PFB font.
t1utils-1.25: description + notes
There are currently six programs:
- converts PFB files to PFA format.
- converts PFA files to PFB format.
- disassembles a type-1 font (PFA or PFB format) into a raw, human-readable text form for subsequent hand editing, tweaking, hint fixing, etc...
- assembles type-1 font into PFA or PFB format from human-readable form produced by t1disasm.
- extracts POST resources from a Macintosh type-1 file (ATM/Laserwriter) into PFA or PFB format for use outside the Macintosh environment. The Macintosh file should be stored in MacBinary, AppleSingle, AppleDouble, or BinHex format, or as a raw resource fork. Note that t1unmac does not have to run on a Macintosh, but makes Macintosh type-1 fonts available to Unix machines and PCs.
- creates a Macintosh Type 1 file from a PFA or PFB-format Type 1 font. Writes the Macintosh file in MacBinary, AppleSingle, AppleDouble, or BinHex format, or as a raw resource fork. WARNING: This will not suffice to use the new font on a Macintosh, as Macintoshes cannot read raw Type 1 fonts. You will need to create a font suitcase containing bitmap fonts if you do not have such a suitcase for the font already. T1utils cannot help you do this.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.