weblint-1.020: description + notes
Weblint is a
Perl script that picks fluff off HTML
pages. Weblint includes the following features:
Certain versions of Perl have bugs that are triggered by
weblint. You shouldn't experience problems if you have
4.036, 5.002, or later.
- by default checks for HTML 3.2 (Wilbur)
- 46 different checks and warnings
- Warnings can be enabled/disabled individually, as per your preference
- basic structure and syntax checks
- warnings for use of unknown elements and element attributes.
- context checks (where a tag must appear within a certain element).
- overlapped or illegally nested elements.
- do IMG elements have ALT text?
- flags obsolete elements.
- support for user and site configuration files
- stylistic checks
- checks for html which is not portable across all browsers
- flags markup embedded in comments, since this can confuse some browsers
- support for Netscape, and Microsoft HTML extensions
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.